The NVGCT Greiner Award is a yearly awarded prize for the best Dutch thesis on gene or cell therapy research. The Award will only be granted to a thesis that was successfully defended in the year preceding the Award presentation and of which the described scientific work was performed for at least a significant part at a Netherlands university or academic institute. Written nominations by the thesis promotor and/or co-promotor should be addressed to the chair of the NVGCT science committee, annually before January 31. The science committee will install a jury, consisting of at least three members who are not affiliated with any of the nominees. The Award presentation and acceptance lecture traditionally take place at the NVGCT Spring Symposium. Nominees are expected to be available for this ceremony.
In exceptional cases, the NVGCT science committee may decide to grant the Award to the leading author of a Dutch gene or cell therapy publication of outstanding quality. In this case, the Award recipient should be an early stage scientist.
Nominations (letter and pdf of the thesis) may be mailed to Dr. Rob Collin or sent (in this case, include three hard copies of the thesis) to Dr. Rob Collin, Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Medical Center, Geert Grooteplein Zuid 10 6525 GA Nijmegen.
List of previous Greiner Award winners:
– 1999: Dr P.A. Dijkhuizen, NIH, Amsterdam (thesis)
– 2000: Dr. V.W. van Beusechem, VUMC, Amsterdam (paper)
– 2001: Dr. P.H. Goossens, LUMC, Leiden (thesis)
– 2002: Dr. I.S. Zuhorn, RuG, Groningen (thesis)
– 2003: Dr. M.M. van der Eb, LUMC, Leiden (thesis)
– 2004: Dr. R.A. Willemsen, DDHK, Rotterdam (thesis)
– 2005: Dr. T. Würdinger, UU, Utrecht (thesis)
– 2006: Dr. J. Adriaansen, AMC, Amsterdam (thesis)
– 2007: Dr. K. Pike Overzet, ErasmusMC (thesis)
– 2008: Dr. A. Jorritsma Smit, NKI Amsterdam (thesis)
– 2009: Dr. D. Pijnappels, RUL, Leiden (thesis)
– 2010: Dr. J. Geurts, Radboud UMC, Nijmegen (thesis)
– 2011: Dr. M. Van Loenen, LUMC, Leiden, (thesis)
– 2012: Dr. J. de Vrij, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, (thesis)
– 2013: Dr. C. Linneman, NKI, Amsterdam (thesis)
– 2014: Dr. A. Ramkisoensing, LUMC (thesis)
– 2015: Dr. C. Aalbers, Arthrogen (thesis)
– 2016: Dr. I. Maggio, LUMC (thesis)
– 2017: Dr. M. Broeren, Radboud Univ. Nijmegen (thesis)
– 2018: Dr. M. Dona, Radboud UMC, Nijmegen (thesis)